Ready to be Inspired to Make Belize Your Next Travel Destination?
Today I have the pleasure of welcoming back Cliff and Rachael Wilson who are the founders of Belize Sailing Vacations. We spoke to them not so long ago about sailing vacations in Belize. Cliff and Rachael are also the owners of Absolute Belize a company that offers tailor made vacations throughout Belize.
In our talk Cliff and Rachael will share some tips and advice for travelling to Belize and exploring its mainland and coastal areas. They will share why they love Belize so much and talk about the diversity Belize has to offer travelers from world-class scuba diving and snorkeling on the Belize Barrier Reef to adventures into the jungle, including visiting ancient Maya ruins hidden deep in the rainforest, ziplining and exploring extensive cave systems. They share their favorite places to take clients, what a typical day would look like as well as a typical itinerary and the activities that are available.
In our talk we also discuss some of the reasons why you should consider travelling to Belize. Here is a summary of these reasons:
- Belize is the only English-speaking country in Central America.
- Belize is warm and comfortable and so it is perfect to visit all year round.
- Belize is blessed with more than 180 miles of gorgeous Caribbean coastline and so for beach lovers you will have your pick of pristine beaches.
- There are more than 200 postcard-perfect tropical islands that are known as cayes (pronounced “keys”) that are easy accessible and are ideal jumping off spots for fishing, snorkeling and diving..
- The Belize Barrier Reef, part of the second-largest barrier reef in the world, is home to world-class opportunities to scuba dive and snorkel.
- Belize is home to the world renowned underwater Blue Hole which offers divers amazing marine life and geological wonders.
- Belize is the epicenter of the ancient May world offering spectacular temple sites such as Caracol, Xunantunich, Altun Ha, Cahal Pech and Lamanai which are waiting to be discovered and explored.
- More than a third of Belize is set aside as a protected nature reserve or national park teeming with wildlife, plants, birds, amphibians and reptiles and so it is a nature lovers paradise. The pristine landscape is teeming with wildlife, including toucans, parrots, monkeys, and even jaguars.
- Belize is home to the Chiquibul Cave System the longest cave system Central America offering adventurous types an “Indiana Jones” type experience with impressive stalactites and archaeological wonders as the caves were used by the ancient May to conduct their sacred rituals and ceremonies. One of the most popular caves to explore is Actun Tunichil Muknal.
- Belize also has the only protected preserve for Jaguars in the world.
Get ready to be inspired to make Belize your next travel destination.
To learn more about Absolute Belize you can head over to their website https://www.absolutebelize.com/ and instagram https://www.instagram.com/absolute_belize/
Feeling inspired? You can find more Bucket List talks here.